GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: wtb e34 I've had it with this one

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default wtb e34 I've had it with this one

ok so 'I give'.

I am shopping for an '89/'90 to swap all the good parts over to. I just can't deal with this car anymore. I'm convinced that all of this is related to this mysterious electrical problem that I have been chasing ever since the car overheated but I just can't be bothered anymore and neither can anyone I try and take it to it seems.

On top of it needing 3 or 4 attempts to start, it runs very well/poorly intermittently. Sometimes I think it is running on only 3 or 4 cylinders I get such a serious collapse in power, especially when I 'floor' it, although sometimes flooring it gets rid of the problem and it will run perfectly. Really awful fuel consumption when it is running poorly and the exhaust stinks of gasoline. I used to get cel but not so much these days sometimes it just flashes and goes off. No codes stored.

Battery good, alternator good, cps good, cap/rotor/wires/plugs good, fuel pressure good, dme swapped, starter good, no vacuum leaks, injectors replaced, engine grounds replaced, main and fuel relays replaced I just don't want to do this anymore and if I take it to my mechanic he'll say "So where do you want me to start?" and this car just isn't worth that kind of a bill, especially with a cracked windshield, copuple rustspots, iffy driveshaft and who knows when the transmission is going to give?

One thing I have always wanted to test is if the [dme]-->[ignition coil] wire is good but I have no idea how to do that and I'm just too fed up and it's -15'c outside and I'd rather watch the football.

So somebody sell me a nice rust-free 89/90 525i please, preferably a black one and I think I would prefer a manual. I promise to take extra good care of it... will travel for fold down seats.
    Last edited by tim eh?; 01-23-2011 at 10:01 AM.