Last Friday my sons e32 starting making a clicking noise when we pulled away from a light. He told me that he had heard this before and his fix was to pull over and turn the car off for sixty seconds and when he started the car back up the clicking would be gone. To me the clicking sounded as if someone put a car in park before it had fully stopped. Don't ask me how I know this . Has anyone ever experienced this phenomenon before? If so do you know how to fix this? I looked on bmwfans and found this diagram. Is there an adjustment to the linkage to stop this? The weird thing about this is my gut tells me this problem is hydraulic, if not why would you have to wait sixty seconds for it to go away. I know this series of transmission has historically had problems with pressure and the valve body. I know my sons transmission has a tendency to erratically shift gears when you are cruising at about 38-42 miles per hour when in "D". My sons cure for this is to manually shift into 3rd. Goes right away. I have looked this up online and found this is a sign the valve body is dirty or needs balls and springs replaced in the valve body.