Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Look for a vacuum port or hose connection that is easy to disconnect, spray in there. You're just trying to give the engine something to burn should it have spark.
The crank sensor is mounted on the front of the engine at the perimeter of a toothed wheel attatched to the crank. According to Bentley the resistance should be 1280 ohms +- 10% and air gap should be 1.0mm+-.3 Sometimes a sharp rap on a dead one will bring it back, temporarily.
I sprayed some starter fluid (ether) into the intake (large hose conection after the air filter box that connects to the intake). The card made an attempt to start and ran very briefly. Therefore it is not a spark/ignition probelm. I located the computer box on the passengers side firewall and located the fuel pump relay which is a 4 prong one located as the middle relay of 3 relays and swapped it with another relay which is 4 prong. I attempted to start the car. The car turns over but does not start or catch. I have read that usually the fuel pump relay is the culprit when the car instantly gets no fuel. There was no indication of fuel pump failure (sputtering, hesitating, etc.). This litterally happened over night where the car was running perfectly to the next day where it would not start (car turning over but not catching or trying to start) at all. Seems to me that maybe I should still replace the fuel pump relay and try it ($17 ) before I spend $200 plus on a new fuel pump. By the way the car has 218,000 miles on it and to my knowledge the fuel pump has never been replaced. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Al Gray