So I read these posts about how simple it is to replace the O2 sensor: screw out, screw in. Well these people must live in the constant climates of California or Florida or something, because mine (like most parts on my 525i, especially those damned thrustarms) is fused into the exhaust. I have been trying for hours to remove the old sensor. Tried with exhaust cold and hot. I have drenched the little POS in WD-40 and Liquid Wrench. I eventually bought the $13 O2 socket, thinking it might offer some magical properties to help my efforts. This of course was after clipping the wires on the sensor (stupid! stupid!). I've grunted and yanked and cussed and prayed but I have made no progress. I'm going to bring it in to Pepboys tomorrow morning (only place open on Sunday) and pay them probably $60 to do the job. I hate this. It's a complete rip off, I know. But I give up.

Anybody wanna come over and try to get it?

Q: Can I drive my car with the o2 sensor disconnected? Or do I have to splice the wires back together to get to work tonight?