I had symptoms before, but only when it got real cold, and have been trying to determine the cause ... well what ever it was will keep it from firing.

The last time it ran, it was 14 degrees F ... so the engine was not warm ... started bucking, spiking the RPM's ... which I've seen before. But this time, loss of power ... downshift, downshift, downshift ... dead. Would crank but not turn over.

Tried stomp test but would not get the CEL to light ... ran dash test ... no CEL, swapped with a known working bulb ... no CEL!

I had an issue with my CPS about 3 years ago ... changed it even though I found that it was OK ... I trust the Hella more than the one I put in, especially when I found that the cable was moving within the connector.

I can't find the post about what to suspect with a no start .. anybody have the list or link to that post.

Is my dash screwed? What could cause the CEL not to work?
Is my ECM screwed?

Anybody have a code reader I could borrow? I'm in the Elgin area. Will supply beer or free poster size print of your car/or what ever, for the use of the reader.

This is extremely bad timing since I've been battling the crappastic A4 and costly problems with it and it needs to go back to the shop, which makes it real difficult to get to work w/o any cars

Thanks in advance for any and all help,
Ken
'93 525i w/VANOS