I am trying to figure out what is going on with my stereo in my 94 530 wagon.

The previous owner of my car had removed the original amp and the head unit and put in hideous Blau, and wired it directly to the speakers, no crossovers. The guy used the original wiring from the HU back, and tied all (woofer-mid-and tweeter) the front right positives together all the front right negatives etc. It was ugly, but it worked.

Fast forward

I put a new nakamichi head unit in, and an A/D/S 6ch amp. I wired the head unit, with rca to the amp, and I wired the stock tweeters and woofers (left out the mids) in the front throught a set of crossovers. I replaced the stock rear speakers with a set of Boston components and used the boston crossovers. According to what I've read, the BMW amp has internal crossovers.

Since the factory amp is no longer in place, I figured that I'd need crossovers for all the speakers. So everything is wired up with external crossovers, but when I play the radio it sounds like I'm listening to it through a pair of headphones on the dash. the signal is there, but it has no power at all.

The amp is good, I have tested it.

From the wiring diagrams it looks like the factory speakers are wired in series/parallel, but I'm having a hard tome figuring it out.

Does it sound like I'm overlooking something, or wiring the speakers wrong?

Any help is appreciated.