Ok, so after the realisation that I need to replace the rear lights coz the globes have melted the sockets and made them brittle, I have had a thought...

What about replacing the regular filament/BA15s globes with LED units??

LED SHOP ONLINE, AUSTRALIA

The Aussie site above has all kinds of different LED replacement globes. I'm waiting for a new breed of wide-angle T5 LEDs to put into my Angeleyes. Hopefully they will fix the 'hot-spotting' that is apparent in my Angeleyes, and be much more reliable than the current ones!!

However, if I install LED globes into the park, brake, indicators and license plate lights, the car will notice the difference in load, and will bring up errors on the dash.

So all you electronics gurus... Could I wire in some resistors to the wiring on the back of the tail light unit?? They are all in series or something (I am electronically illiterate, but they seem to be all wired together), so is it possible to fit resistors for each globe, or just a few to 'trick' the LKM into thinking that the loads are all correct.

I'll be ordering a few of the new T5 LED globes for the Angeleyes as soon as they are released in early February, so I might as well order all the LED replacements for the tail light clusters at the same time!!

Thoughts/advice??