Went to change the fuel filter today, and noticed a puddle of fuel under the car behind the rear driver side wheel. Its dripping out, about a drip every few seconds, but seems to be getting worse.

Took the wheel off and the dirt cover and could see what looks like an extension tank (clear) with two rubber hoses coming out the bottom. Joined to one of the rubber hoses is a thin metal pipe which goes down and along the front of the fuel tank across the car - just past the middle of the car and then seems to go into the tank. There is a shield of some sort which makes some of it difficult to see, but i can feel it when under the car. The leak is at the joint where the rubber hose joins to the metal pipe. The pipe looks rusty at the joint and about an inch below.

What should i do, ive bought some rubber hose and want to use it to extend the rubber hose over the corroded part of the metal pipe - but dont know how to go about this with the fuel leaking out of it etc? I am thinking it is a return pipe as it odesnt lead to the fuel filter but i wouldn't be 100% on this.

Please Help!!!!!!!!