GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: simple questions...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default simple questions...

I looked up the bentley/owner manuals as well as did a quick search(search came up with too many things unrelated). So please answer(provide link to) these questions even though they are very basic.

car is 95 540i6

1) Procedure for access to battery

2) Coolant (do I just go to the dealer or is there a better and cheaper source?)

3) "New crush washers" mentioned in bmwe34.net procedure is the same as "new sealing washers" mentioned in bentley? Again, do I just go to the dealer for this?

4) I need to invest money on a torque wrench, any recommendations?

5) Ramps (I'm thinking of buying a set to put under the tires as safety net when I'm under the car). What do you recommend?

6) Where the heck is the V-belt? The engine compartment is so tight I can't really see everything. Is it the belt right behind the big fan?

7) hydraulic jack. Which ones do you guys have? I know a lot of people want "AC hHydraulic" but they are expensive. I looked up the craftsman at sears and they all have bad reviews. I did brakes on a honda accord last week and the damn chasis was so stiff the whole side of the car tilt even though I'm only jacking up the front corner, I expect the same with the e34, so I suppose I will need one of these jacks. If there are no decent ones available I might have to bite the bullet and shell out $600 for one.

8) How do I make adjustments to the hood? it's squeaking when opening and is a little crooked when closed.

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by txp135; 05-10-2007 at 04:47 PM.