Ok, I'm seriously considering getting a set of 18" M-par replicas with tires from Lakshore. I can probably get a wheel/tire package for around $1100 shipped. And IMO m-pars on a e34 look sweet.

I've got two problems... First, my car is stock height. Even though the overall diameter of the tire is the same, and there's the same space between the tire and fender with stock 15's or 18's (in theory), it always seems to look funny when you put 18's on the car compared to the stock 15's.

Now, I like stock height. I've had my share of dropped cars and really don't want to "drop" my car. I want it as stock as possible, but I want it to look good with the m-pars if I get them. I want the ride to be as close to stock comfort as possible.

So, does anyone have any experience with putting 18's on a stock height car? Did it need to be lowered some? What are the best aftermarket springs that lower the car the least and keep the ride as close to stock as possible? I was thinking of ordering M5 springs and upper and lower spring pads and wondering if that would lower it enough for the m-pars.

And the second issue is the front end. I've heard the horror stories about switching to 18's and now you feel all the flaws in the front end. I'm guessing because you have less sidewall to cushion the imperfections. Any thoughts on this?

He'res a couple pics that show my stock ride height.