well guys im here looking for some advice. Im currently 20, got laid off from my past 3 jobs and am looking for another one as we speak. Luckily I still live home with my parents (not too proud to say that but i guess im not the only one) so I dont have to worry about paying rent every month. My bills every month are just my student loans.

Anyway, I finally made the decision to get my ass back to school this fall.

Now let me back up here for a moment. I graduated high school in 2004, went to UTI in Exton, PA and got myself a degree in automotive technology. I worked as a jeep and chrysler technician for almost a year and quit this past october. I realized that working on cars is something I DONT enjoy doing everyday becuase to me its more of a hobby and american cars are so poorly designed any basic task is a nightmare. not to mention the only car i care about working on is my E34. Once I quit there I got a job as a laborer at an aluminum facotry. Everythig was going alright till one day the boss calls me in and says "ok we dont have enough work so we dont need you anymore". Went a month jobless and got a job at UPS for holiday help. Of course that ran out december 23rd so I went back jobless. Joined a temp agency which finds jobs for you. Well they found me a job in january and in the beginning of february the same **** happens. So im jobless again. Im trying to avoid going back to warehouse work because the people you work with are morons, and unless you are in the union you can be disposed of at any time. **** that. so right now im looking for something permamnent.

well, I was looking into my career choices these past few weeks and narrowed it down to either something computer related or physical therapy/chiropratic. I like the fact that these jobs offer real pay and theres actually a future with these jobs. Yes I know its almost in the total opposite direction but one thing I like is working hands on and helping people. Of course I need schooling for these jobs and I have narrowed it down to 2 choices. Community college since the tuition and credits are very cheap and after 2 years I can transfer to another school to finish. My other choice is joining the Navy.

Now I was toying with the idea of joining the military after high school but felt like it was something I was never ready for. My buddy is scheduled to leave for basic training this august. I went into the navy office yesterday with him because he wanted to ******** around with his recruiters and one started talking to me. He first started asking me if i worked, and if i wanted to go back to school, where I lived, how my grades were, if i have any medical disabilities, if i can pass a drug screening and how my criminal record was, i have no problems with any. I told him I plan on going back to school and I want to become a chiroprator. He explained to me that the navy can pay for all my schooling and will provide the experinece i need to become sucessful once i get out and it wouldnt cost me anything. So of course this made it popular. I took the pre-ASVAB test which you are required to take in order to qualify for joining the navy. I passed no problem and actually scored very high. I plan on calling monday and asking him wehn i can take the ASVAB test since im not obligated to join anyway if I take it or not. The navy also has job counselors that help you decide which job would be best for you.

Now what would you do? Would you look into community college or wait and see what happens with the ASVAB test? also if anyone in here has previous navy experience id like to hear what you have to say.

thanks for reading this. any help would be appreciated.