they are closing out the old formulation of Chevron delo 15w40 in quarts from their shelves to make room for the new ULSD formula. i first found this a month ago, but not all of the stores were running the special price at that point. i believe that all of the stores are now (mildly) obligated to get the stuff of the shelves. i've been to five stores now and all of them had the quarts of the old formula for $.94-$.96 each. this is the old formula, mind you, with the yellow strip at the top of the front label saying "new, reduced wear formula" or "optimized for caterpillar EGR systems" and NOT "ULSD formula". if i had more time in orlando, i'd have gone to two or three more stores, i've bought all that the two stores in my city had, and have at least 10 bottles sitting loose in the car in addition to the shelf full that i have/had.

me, personally, i think that Castrol Tection is a better product, flows better when cold, holds grade longer, and saves more fuel, but i'll eat the differences for less than $1 per quart.