GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Is it worth it

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is it worth it

I bought my 90 525I about three years ago for 5 g's and thought I got a pretty good deal with less than 100k miles on it. It was my first Bimmer and I fell in love with how the car drove, felt, sounded and looked. Maybe should of replaced a few things right away but it ran perfect at the time. Well my first problem started with a broken timing belt which cracked the head I had that replaced, than had to replaced the radiator, water pump, alternator, brakes, tie rod, gas hoses to name a few. Running great again until my wife threw a fan belt and warped the new head. Had that machined and put back on ran good for a week than ran like crap wouldn't idle right. Had O2 sensor, temp sensors, air flow box, idle control valve, thottle sensor, fuel pressure regulator and a valve ajustment. All in all I have spent around 6g's just fixing the thing. And over two months in the shop. It really runs great now, better than when I bought it. I finally bought the wife a SUV so she no longer is in the Bimmer thank god. Was it worth it all the money, time and heartache I put into a car. Or are Bimmers so special that you do something you don't normaly do? If this was my truck I would have sold it for parts long ago. I'm a little tight for money this month after the last repair bill but all I'm thinking about is getting my Bimmer a new paint job and and new set of custom rims and tires. Am I or what. My buddies tell me I should sell it before it sets me back another 2g's what do you think?

Johnny B
    Last edited by Johnny B; 01-10-2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: spelling