Today I drove 1000 miles back to college from PA to florida, the car ran perfect the entire drive and it averaged 23 mpg. Well, about an hour after I arrived I went to start up the car again and it would crank but it showed no intention of firing up.

I figured it might not be getting fuel, so I had someone put the key in position 2 and also try to start the car to listen if the pump made any noise, and it didn't make a damn sound. From what I remember I used to easily hear the fuel pump from inside the car when putting the key in position 2.

Also, would a bad Crank position sensor cause the no start and if so how do I tell if its bad.

and finally, where is the fuel pump relay and the main relay and how do I find out if they are causing the fuel pump to not run, or if the pump itself is dead.

I'm trying to figure out all the things that might keep the engine from firing up, any help is appreciated.

oh, and the mileage on the car is 186,000 and I don't know if the pump is original. sorry for the long post.