Hi Guys/Gals,

I have a problem? with the heater control panel (slider controls) in my '95 525i.
I took the panel out the other day to replace the 1 blown lightbulb (thanks bimmer.info for the how to's ) and when I connected it all back (with ignition off) the little fan in the back of the panel (which might draw air in for the temperature sensor??) started up & stayed on. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't going when I removed it, although it does run very quietly. I don't want to stick it all back in and have this fan stay on & eventually flatten the battery. I didn't break anything as far as I am aware, only disassembled enough to put in a new light bulb. I'd really like to know what this fan is for, it has a tube from the vent on the front of the panel going to it, which was full of fluff,dust which I cleaned out. Perhaps I should have left it dirty. Anyone know if the fan turns itself off eventually. I looked in the Bentley bible and it doesn't talk about it.

PS. any members in Brisbane, Australia know a good place to get OBC codes read and reset if needed. (BMW dealer wanted $60 just to read stored codes).

Many thanks for any ideas.
Cheers
Andrew.