Well I was financially struck again by my 540/6 this weekend. My situation is grim, I bought this beauty 3 years ago (69K miles)with the understanding that I would be able to save a few bucks by wrenching on it myself for some of the less demanding repairs. Then I had to move to another state and am renting a house without a garage, just a gravel driveway. To make matters worse, now it failed NC state inspection due to worn upper/lower contol arms and a cracked headlight (dame dump trucks). I also need brake pads/rotors all around (expecting -indicator's been on for 2 weeks), new tires, and new shocks/springs very shortly. This is on top of the 2-O2 sensors, windsheild, and valve cover gaskets I just got fixed over the past 3 months. I'm experiencing that "what's gonna break next" feeling every time I get in and drive. I still owe $5k on her (at a miserable interest rate), she's got 121,000 miles (60K on Alusil) and am looking at about $2k just to get it legal. I can't believe the money I've spent on this car and it doesn't even pass state inspection - meanwhile trashed Tempos and Tercels pass with flying colors.....
Before this happened, I was going to keep the bimmer and buy a beater pickup for utility purposes, but now I'm considering unloading before the repairs and getting a smaller 4-door pickup -Tacoma/Canyon/SportTrac - instead. My payments would probably be the same and I would have that coveted warranty - but the wheel time would be much less inspiring.
UNLESS y'all can convince me otherwise
Help me O-B<MW>-1, you're my only hope....
jack
Pinehurst NC