I was coming home today and after 30minutes in thick traffic i came to the highway, but it seemed really busy, so i decided to take a detour up a windy road thats always empty, its uphill and a fantastic drive.
The speed Limit is 60 all the way, i stick to 60 around all the bends other than some really tight ones, avoided any powerslides or squeeling.
And wouldnt have gone more than 70 on the straights.

I see a temporary sign, 25km, 50m after that there is a sign, "prepare to stop", so i keep going at about 30, and i see a police bike, as i get very close to him and slow to about 10km and look at him, he waves me on, or gave me a nod, i cant remember which.
I take off and after im around the next bend, back on up to 60, about 200m later i come around a bend and see some police bikes and another sign, i start to slow down and the police officer walks out onto the road to stop me.
I stop, open my window and say hello.
He Asks me what sign i went past, i told him exactly what i saw, and that the other officer gave me the nod, and that i assumed that i was past the potential roadworks or whatever.

He gets my licence and starts telling me that i lose my licence "at that speed you were going" (im on my P plates), i tell him that i thought that i was in the clear and that i was very sorry, and that i wasnt up there for a "hoon".
He asked me why i went the windy road instead of the highway, and i told him because i really enjoyed driving, and the freeway was what i do every day.
He told me again about how i should lose my licence, i appologise again and he gives me my licence back and sends me on my way telling me im very lucky.

PHEW!! i drove about 40 the entire way home...