Hello all!

I have a 1991 535i 5-speed I call Sinbad.

I am having a problem and could really use some help. If anybody here has ideas on my electrical problem, PLEASE post! I have the E34 Bentley manual, and the schematics are very nice... except I do not know the wire routing and don't want to tear up the entire car when it might be much easier to do a spot check somewhere.

My fuse #5 keeps blowing whenever I turn the parking or headlights on. Once the fuse blows (or is removed completely, as it is now), I get the following symptoms:

- Instrument illumination (console/dash lights) is out
- Passenger side parking lights are out
- Error message on OBC display that says "Parking Light +" and another error message

Things I have already tried:
- Have replaced the headlight switch (and fuse again) with no success
- When headlight switch is in the Park or Headlight position, I measure 12.4 V across fuse 5 socket.
- Disconnected some of the load (right front parking light, right rear parking light, interior light dimmer, LCM or lamp control module) and get same readings.
- Disconnected headlight switch and jumping RED/BLUE coming into switch to GRY/YEL and still measure 12.4V. Jumped red/blue to GRY/BLK and still measure 12.4V.

My questions:
- Is there any more load that I am missing or needs disconnected? The GRY/BLK wire goes to the Interior Lights system, which seems pretty complex. If I have disconnected all the load, then I would want to trace GRY/YEL and GRY/BLK along a common path where they might both be severed and shorted to ground. My gut feeling tells me there might be more load on GRY/BLK that needs disconnected.
- Anybody seen this before?
- What are some common junction points for the GRY/BLK wire? Some I can disconnect and test to try and isolate the source of the problem.
- Do I really have to remove the steering wheel and dash to dig deeper? I would like to be 80% sure the problem is in that area before that time consuming task. Trying to avoid any wild goose chases if possible.

Any help is much appreciated! If you guys have some suggestions or tests, I can check it out. TIA!