Been a long week... and its only tuesday. I spent prob 5 hrs bead blasting this all after work. I know some people will not value my choice of paint, but honestly I don't really care. These parts are from BJL4776's old motor that I purchased - it had 200k miles on it or so. I should have taken some before shots and some after shots, but compare the cleaned parts (last pic) to the block/head pics.

WARNING: Slightly large turbo ahead.

This will not work - I want to top mount the turbo, but the scroll of the turbo would be such that it would lay IN the head... so... new idea.

The small turbo housing on the valve cover is a Turbonetics Super 60 i believe. For scale.

Block is hideous I know, its getting hot tanked this weekend. Thats the turbo conventionally bottom mounted - it works "ok" on the E36 but I am afraid it will not clear the sway bar/subframe on the E34. Plus its too hidden.

I have decided to make an "UP PIPE" that will come off the manifold while the manifold is "bottom mounted".

Exhaust side

And finally the parts I cleaned up with bead blasting - took a while, lots of little crevices but its CLEAN. The crank case cover has little "specks" on it - that's in the aluminum casting. I thought about sanding it down but that's too anal and I don't want to put pressure on it and warp it. These parts were FILTHY. TLC rules. And yes - that is a TIG welder in the shot hehehehe....

Jon