GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ot: Near Death Experience

Yep I've just never seen someone with that kind of drunkness

Corey Horton
    1992 BMW 535i

just because you paranoid, doesnt mean they arn't out to get you....

Default And who's to hold you accountable for you aggressive lane change???

In your justification, you are comparing apples to oranges....

His reaction to your lane change was a series of horn honking. Your reaction to his horn honking was calling his company and reporting him? It doesn't take a genius to realize that his response to your action does nothing but embarrass you, while your response to his action could cost him his job. Sounds like a poorly thought out, knee-jerk, emotional reaction on your part because you were embarrassed that you were getting honked at in traffic for your self-admitted questionable maneuver.

You say you are willing to do the time for the crime. Are you are willing to do equal time as the tow-truck driver since your crimes were the same? If he gets fired are you willing to give up the same income he loses?

You seem to champion the "eye-for-an-eye" idea here. In this situation, the proper response would be for you to return horn honking or the middle finger through the sunroof, not report the driver to his employer....it's that simple.

This smells like a one-way deal. Whatever logic and reasoning you have tried to apply here to justify your response is ********.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Maybe I am to much of a capitalist, but I figure if he is in the company truck he is representing the company. His behavior gives his employer a bad name.

And I believe if you are willing to do the crime, you should be willing to pay the time. I am always willing to pay the consequences when I choose to behave badly and think other people should too.

The flow of information corrects behavior. He gave me feedback about my behavior and I gave him feedback about his. I will think about it the next time I consider merging into a space that is a little too small and he will think about it the next time he feels like laying on the horn.

And I am proud of what I did. People don't mess with me with impunity. I am one of the few women I know who doesn't feel powerless and sort of a potential victim in the world and the reason I don't feel like a victim is because I am willing to take actions to influence outcomes.

Just a different perspective from yours probably reflecting our different life experiences. But thanks for expressing your opinion.

I wouldnt have responded at all but would have simply been embarrassed for doing something stupid instead of either waiting or looking to see if there was room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    your self-admitted questionable maneuver.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Gayle should have thrown a Snapple bottle through his passenger window... but calling his employer may have been a little much.

Gayle, are you and Scott H dating?
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

the honeymoon seems to have faded ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Gayle should have thrown a Snapple bottle through his passenger window... but calling his employer may have been a little much.

Gayle, are you and Scott H dating?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    the honeymoon seems to have faded ...

LMFAO!!!!
    this group never fails to amuse me
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Quote Originally Posted by clhorton
    I just got off work. Haha yeah um we got a new patient last night! Guess who!! Yeah it was great but they sent me to the old people psych unit because she was up there and they thought she might try to start something with me. She said that I pissed her off because I was driving too slow.... Life is great! Crazy bitch!
    Hmmm... could be worthwhile strapping her into a chair and playing her the final scene in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'.

From the sound of her I'm sure she'd rather have a bottle in front of her than a frontal lobotomy!

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

no frigging way
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Haha yeah that is the great stretch of irony i've seen. She doesn't know I'm the one that called her in. She was just talking a lot of trash about somebody calling the police on her. haha

Corey Horton
    1992 BMW 535i

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast