My girlfriend and I are going to Europe in the end of April, early March. We have 2 weeks to do 4 countries: Britan, France, Germany, and Switzerland.

Being the car nut I am, I've always wanted to drive on the Nurburgring. I've heard a few stories about taking European delivery of BMWs, Volvos, Porsches, etc and breaking them in on the track. While I have a great job, its not THAT great that I can afford that.

I've also heard that you can take a test drive of a Jaguar there (apparently there is a dealership). Now, considering I can't get a test drive of a G35 coupe with a manual down the road from me without the dealer thinking I'm some punk kid looking for a joyride, I doubt this is an option either. By the way, I'm 23, I look like I'm 17.

So pretty much my only option is to rent a car. Now here's my question: Has anyone rented a car and driven on the nurburgring? I'm trying to find out if its really worth it. I mean, I have to pay premium rates for even the crappiest cars at rental agencies because I'm under 25. I have credit cards, but I don't think they offer any kind of auto insurance, especially out of the country. I'll have to call my insurance company to see what they offer.

I was thinking if I did it, I would get something like a 325 or a 330, drive it from the airport, see the countryside, drive it on the track, and call it a day.

Should I do it? Waste of time if I don't have an M5? Is it gonna cost me $500 just to rent a geo metro?