Hi all,

I've been struggling with a fairly violent brake vibration on my 92 525i for awhile now. The vibration happens under light-to-medium braking starting at about 50 MPH and getting worse until about 40 MPH, where it promptly stops. It started about the same time I changed my rear pads and rotors, so of course my first thought was to blame the rotors. I have since replaced all 4 rotors (including significant time spent with WD40 and a wire brush thoroughly cleaning the rotor mounting surface) and still the vibration persists.

I've also had 4 new tires installed since the vibration started, with no difference there, either.

My next thought is that this is a control/thrust arm problem. I do have the characteristic 55 MPH-ish non-breaking vibration, but it is nowhere near as severe as the braking vibration. Also, I've inspected the bushings visually, and to my untrained eye they don't look "that bad".

The caliper on my front drivers side does look a little sketchy, though. Could it be related? I've included a picture below:

Thanks for your thoughts!

Kevin