GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Slightly OT. Serpentine Belt on 97 Caravan

Default Slightly OT. Serpentine Belt on 97 Caravan

I have a 97 Dodge Caravan. And almost every time I go over a puddle, the serpentine belt falls off. It happens so often that it only takes me 2 minutes to get it back on in the dark. But never the less there is some reason why it is doing it. The Belt tension is tight and the belt is relatively new (maybe 7k miles on it). The tensioner seems to be working properly. The only thing that is wierd is that The tensioner almost doesnt move enough to get the belt back on, it is a struggle to push it on with it fulley swung. Any ideas on possible problems.

Default Here you go but you may want to download it today because i'm

not going to leave it up for more than a day or 2 Click here for the pdf file..
    On an offnote does anybody know why when i make a pdf file out of some
    bulletins they come out with the line drawings reversed like this one.. black equals white and white equals black on the original

Quote Originally Posted by bjl4776
    I have a 97 Dodge Caravan. And almost every time I go over a puddle, the serpentine belt falls off. It happens so often that it only takes me 2 minutes to get it back on in the dark. But never the less there is some reason why it is doing it. The Belt tension is tight and the belt is relatively new (maybe 7k miles on it). The tensioner seems to be working properly. The only thing that is wierd is that The tensioner almost doesnt move enough to get the belt back on, it is a struggle to push it on with it fulley swung. Any ideas on possible problems.

Wow, thanks. It looks like exactly the right thing. The only question I have is my motor is the 3.0l, not the 3.3 or 3.8, But the belt set-up is the same and it is the same exact problem, could it be the same thing?

97 most likly has a 3.3l, unless you have a lxi, or high luxery model, and also, im pretty sure that the intake gasket will say it right on there