GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Hello from a new user ('93 525i)

Default Hello from a new user ('93 525i)

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi as I will be frequently be on this forum. My parents are handing down their '93 525i that they have had since it was new (actually I'm buying it for full market value). It probably one of the better maintained cars out there since my dad would premptively fix parts before they would fail, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its just now broken in at 150k miles.

My previous car was a '99 540i 6-speed that I sold last week with only 69k miles on it. At those miles it costs more than double to maintain then the 525i, believe it or not.

I'm going to personalize it a little bit of course. I was thinking the following (in order of importance):

1) Conforti or EAT chip
    2) H&R or Eibach springs (car has new Bilstien shocks (OEM stiffness) already)
    3) Clear turn signals/taillights
    4) Upgrade to 17" wheels/performance tires
    5) Maybe non-HID headlight upgrade with brighter than oem bulbs (will ellipsoid be the way to go?) I don't want to spend a lot here.
    6) Need a clay and/or polish job to remove swirl marks and oxidation all over the paint... advice appreciated on best method

My goal is to get the most performance for my money, spending less that $1000, not including the wheel/tire package. I also don't want to do any upgrades that decrease the engine life or increase the maintenance costs, since the engine is already at 150k miles. Am I on the right track as far as these upgrades go?

do the 9005 swap for the low beams, big difference and cheap!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I just got my car last night! Love it. There's something about it I like better than my '99 540i, even though its much slower... can't put my finger on it, but the car just feels like it has more of that traditional european soul in its simplicity. Next week I'll probably order the EAT chip and some Eibach springs. Does anyone know offhand how much it costs to have a shop install the springs? I live in an apartment in the city with a cramped underground parking space on a slope, so DIY is out of the question on the springs.