GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Shocks??

Default Best Shocks??

What do you guys/girls think about Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks? Are they any good for E34s? Any recommendations? Looking for a good performance for the right price.

I'm using the Bilstein sports with Eibach springs, I like the ride.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    I'm using the Bilstein sports with Eibach springs, I like the ride.
    I got the same setup as 632 Regal, real nice. You can usually find the bilsteins sports on ebay for a good price and www.eap4parts.com has some pretty good deals as well, including Eibach springs.

Garbage. I'd stay as far away from those things as possible. Even if your OEM Boges are dead, you will certainly be disappointed after installing a Monroe unit.

If you need to replace them and don't want to spend a lot of money, I would get OEM Boges or Bilstein Tourings. I'd also stay away from KYB...read my writeup on my recent suspension re-rebuild:

http://www.statch.com/users/wlowel/e34suspension.pdf (Acrobat PDF)
    http://www.statch.com/users/wlowel/e34suspension.html (using MOZILLA)

I'm just going to say this: with these cars, it's cheaper to do it the right way the first time, even if the right way costs a lot more money. You will be disappointed in how anything less than the "right way" performs on the car.

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke
    What do you guys/girls think about Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks? Are they any good for E34s? Any recommendations? Looking for a good performance for the right price.
    I tried those on my Ford conversion van. Worked pretty good for awhile, but then began to think I shoulda gotten something better, for a few more bucks. On my 535i, I'll go with Bilsteins when the time comes.

never seen Sensa-Trac's on a e32/34, they SUCK on a 240 volvo
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i have bilsteins on both of my bimmers and like them, i have not used the new low pressure bilstein tourings but have sold several sets and they are cheep compared to regular bilsteins, i doubt that they are bad coming from bilstein
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I have the same sachs sporting kit as whit. I can't tell you how it rides yet.

~Whit..I just finished the install around 5 today! Things went unbelievably fast with 2 mechanics and a noob wanna be DIY (me). we started around 10-10:30. By 11:30-12 we had the shocks on the way to the shop. Then badabing badaboom. done.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Sweet! Can't wait to hear your impressions. Best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i have bilsteins on both of my bimmers and like them, i have not used the new low pressure bilstein tourings but have sold several sets and they are cheep compared to regular bilsteins, i doubt that they are bad coming from bilstein
    Winfred,

Based on your insights, how do the touring shocks compare with regular Bilsteins?

Price? Performance? Where to buy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast