GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Any one have any horror stories about the clear tails on ebay?

Default Any one have any horror stories about the clear tails on ebay?

I keep looking at them and I'm very tempted. I really want some clear tails and turn signals but the hella ones are very expensive and I never see them on ebay, just the smoked ones. anyone have any experience w/ these inexpensive ones?

Yeah, I got them. My buddy has the expensive hellas and you can't even tell the difference. (Though I haven't parked the cars side by side). They look and work great. I think I picked mine up for $87 plus shipping.

The only drawback was the bulbs were alittle difficult to get in the light the first time. The things have almost no clearance. You just got to use alittle exra force, but once the're in and you rotate the bulb a few times (lock in place then back out, then lock in ect.), the bulbs slide in and out with no problem. I would recommend doing this before you put the taillights on the car, because I had to take mine back off to do it.

ditto on the fitment of the bulb fixtures, had to retrofit my old ones so I could replace the bulbs. I replaced ALL the bulbs when I got mine just to be sure I wouldnt be chasing burning bulbs. The only thing I dont like is the tight fit and when you mess with the bulbs the inner section seperated and just the wires are hanging out instead of the plastic holding them together. As long as I dont have to mess with them it's fine but that aside they look/work great after you re-glue the rubber seals and stuff. I guess their not all that good cause you shouldnt have to mess with them but all in all their clears and no-one could tell from the outside that they are made kinda shitty.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I have a set for sale of the new "Euro Crystal" Style. I went with the Hella Smoked afterall. The pics of the new style are on my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/johntee540

Let me know if you are interested - Cost 170 new - they were on for a month. Make an offer. JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

I got the ones from www.procarparts.com on ebay, they're Depos and I just took some sandpaper wrapped around a screwdriver to the sockets, and no problems inserting the bulb plugs. They look and function just like hellas, without Hella written on them. Also, the rubber gasket on the trunk side came loose, nothing a little epoxy couldn't fix.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Default Thanks Johntee but i was looking for just the clear signals

Thanks Johntee but i was looking for just the clear signals

Default I think i will go with these cheaper ones and epoxy them

right off the bat and sand them so as to avoid and problems. does that make any sense? i cant imagine that they could be that much worse than hellas. thanks guys.

Way cool. Post pics when you are done - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

Default Claer light

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    I keep looking at them and I'm very tempted. I really want some clear tails and turn signals but the hella ones are very expensive and I never see them on ebay, just the smoked ones. anyone have any experience w/ these inexpensive ones?
    The one I boght off Ebay were very good Quality