GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Another wheel question

Default Another wheel question

I found a set of wheels on ebay that I may be able to get for not too much money. The problem with them is that they show age now, with some ares where the finish is missing or had peeled off. The wheels are oem 540i wheels e39. Its my understanding that I can use these but should use the metal hubcentric wheel kit thingamabobers.
    My question is on getting the wheels refinished. How its done and what the cost may be. I live in Jersey so would need to find someone out here where I could drop off, pick up. I underpaid my taxes this year and just found out I owe the IRS 8 grand. I need to replace the wheels soon because I have new snows mounted on the original wheels, that are in bad cosmetic shape. Also wanted to switch to a lower profile tire and up to 17s. Any ideas here would be appreciated including tax tips LOL,

Freeparking

Well, for a primo job you need to take the wheels to an abrasive blasting place, then primer with that expensive green etching primer, then shoot with some nice silver paint. this is all done everyday by pros but you are looking at 3 hundred minimum.

a cheaper route, clean the old wheels really well with wheel cleaner and a soft wire brush, rinse, sand the worst spots with super fine auto sandpaper, like 600 grit, then try to find Wurth silver paint in a rattle-can. Cost? about twenty bucks.

I'm not sure which style E39 wheel youre refering to, but I do know of a company located in Delaware that sells reconditioned BMW wheels very reasonably. The ones for sale here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...956360070&rd=1 normally sell for $500 - $550 a set reconditioned using the best powder coating process currently, with a 1yr warranty, maybe longer. I hope this helps as they are 110% perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeparking
    I found a set of wheels on ebay that I may be able to get for not too much money. The problem with them is that they show age now, with some ares where the finish is missing or had peeled off. The wheels are oem 540i wheels e39. Its my understanding that I can use these but should use the metal hubcentric wheel kit thingamabobers.
    My question is on getting the wheels refinished. How its done and what the cost may be. I live in Jersey so would need to find someone out here where I could drop off, pick up. I underpaid my taxes this year and just found out I owe the IRS 8 grand. I need to replace the wheels soon because I have new snows mounted on the original wheels, that are in bad cosmetic shape. Also wanted to switch to a lower profile tire and up to 17s. Any ideas here would be appreciated including tax tips LOL,

Freeparking

when are they going to make cool wheels in a 16 inch? 17s wont last more than about 60 seconds in my driveway then they would be eggs.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy