GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weitec suspension for E34

Default Weitec and K&W suspension for E34

Has anyone tried Weitec shocks and springs in their car? Weitec Ultra GT suspension

Weitec suspension that lowers 2.16" in the front and 1.4" in the rear costs 442 euros, which is around $580.
    They also sell one that lowers your car by 1.4" both in the front and rear, that one is $570. (Prices mentioned are for 530i-540i MY 8/90-12/95)

Which one of those would you recommend? Or perhaps another setup that isn't too expensive?
    Last edited by Tcdoe; 02-24-2005 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcdoe
    Has anyone tried Weitec shocks and springs in their car? Weitec Ultra GT suspension

Weitec suspension that lowers 2.16" in the front and 1.4" in the rear costs 442 euros, which is around $580.
    They also sell one that lowers your car by 1.4" both in the front and rear, that one is $570. (Prices mentioned are for 530i-540i MY 8/90-12/95)

Which one of those would you recommend? Or perhaps another setup that isn't too expensive?
    Hi Tcdoe,
    my E34 525i is lowered 1.5" all round and that is enough for roads here in Australia. I have 2 fingers height between the top of the front tire and the guard - an extra .66" would almost have it touching, and that would not be good. We have "speed humps" everywhere and they can be a real P.I.T.A.. I can't imagine how lowering 2.16" would be an advantage for an everyday drive car.

regards
    Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Phil Sanderson; 02-24-2005 at 07:57 AM.

Weitec is a Germany based brand. It's not too bad but it's not the most comfortable ride you'll get after lowering the car. If you'reafter top noch quallity, there's no match for Bilstein, Koni or Sachs.
    Of course you could also buy a Intraxx set but that would set you back for at least 1500 bucks.

my friend put weitec on his 95 golf and it has a nice rake at 60/40mm drop front/rear
    he's had no complaints as of yet

Thanks for the input guys.

I compared the prices and found out that just the Koni adjustable shocks are twice as much as the entire Weitec kit, so I'm seriously considering the Weitec kit. As for the drop, I'm leaning towards 35/35mm (~1.4").

Another option is a kit from K&W which I believe is a better known company. Their fully adjustable kit is way too expensive, but the basic one is about $100 more than the Weitec. I've heard only good things about K&W so they may be a good choice. Does anyone on the forum have any experiences with K&W in an e34?

The ones I currently have are Vogtland violet springs (30/25) together with old shocks of unknown make. The rear end is way too loose, although that might be because worn bushings or something. Anyway, one of the front shocks is leaking so I might as well change all of them and sell the Vogtland springs.

KW uses damper inserts made by Koni in the Netherlands. You just can't go wrong there mate.

have u considered the SACHS kit?

Great, I'm definately leaning towards KW now..
    I've also heard that they're very durable which is quite important for me, because a lot of road salt is used here in the winter and that corrodes the car very quickly

I'm going to Germany on Sunday (but unfortunately not to Bavaria ) and I expect to come home with a lot of e34 goodies, including a set of KW shocks and springs

bahnstormer: Yes I have, but I've understood that the drop is quite mild and that the ride is pretty close to stock? Also, I haven't had too good experiences with Sachs dampers in the past, although that wasn't even a BMW.
    Last edited by Tcdoe; 02-25-2005 at 05:05 PM.

the shocks themselves aren't going to give you any drop its the springs that drop or raise it, I'm sure you know this but just ti be sure! 1.4 drop is good n plenty unless you have extreamly smooth roads and dont mind bottoming the shocks on anything but sheer glass.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    the shocks themselves aren't going to give you any drop its the springs that drop or raise it, I'm sure you know this but just ti be sure! 1.4 drop is good n plenty unless you have extreamly smooth roads and dont mind bottoming the shocks on anything but sheer glass.
    Sure, I knew that, but I thought the Sachs kit included springs.. Must have confused it with some other brand.

The KW sport suspension only comes with a 40mm (1.57") drop both front and back. It shouldn't be a problem though, I'll just slow down more for speed bumps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast