GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Cruise control...dead

Default Cruise control...dead

Driving on the interstate the other day, had the cruise set. Seemed to be operating normally. I pushed to accelerate a bit, and it shut off. Reset it, worked fine. Went to accel again, and it stopped working. Now it will not engage at all. Where do I start? Replaced the fuse, no help. The fact it acted up leads me to the actual module, does anyone agree?
    TIA

Check all items whixh are there for interrupting the cruise control, as they should do so.
    Brake light switch, ASC sensors, speed sensors.
    Also clean the cruise control lever/handle or whatever you call that properly in English. Often I heard about such problems and it was solved that the switch was the prob and it was fine after cleaning it.

Oddly, I notice an intermittent failure of my cruise control as well. It always seems to happen when it's obnoxiously cold outside. The problem is rare and intermittent. I can only guess that a vacuum actuator may be freezing temporarily. The problem goes away either in an hour or a day and doesn't seem to occur in summer months.

Make sense to anyone?

Does this sound like your problem or is your cruise control simply non-functioning regardless of any other factors?

Also check if the cables are properly fixed at the throttle valve. Gale has special clips for that, but they are also available from the dealer. Dangerous thing, it can stick on full throttle of that is not in.
    http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_2.htm

Default My cruise is intermittant

and I have located it to when the auto gear lever is not in D properly, or rather the 'D' light in the dash does not show up. All I do is tap the gear lever and the contacts must meet and it all works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TWKenny (formerly Ted)
    Driving on the interstate the other day, had the cruise set. Seemed to be operating normally. I pushed to accelerate a bit, and it shut off. Reset it, worked fine. Went to accel again, and it stopped working. Now it will not engage at all. Where do I start? Replaced the fuse, no help. The fact it acted up leads me to the actual module, does anyone agree?
    TIA

Mine too!
    I was just going to post the same question. I had the same exact scenario, cruising normal, then it just stopped and wouldn't re-engage. It happened once and then worked for a little while, now it stopped again. I did notice that it seemed not to be accelerating as fast as it used to when it did restart for that short time. Perhaps I'll check those cables.
    Must be something going around.

It's a 5 speed...should have specified that.