GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multiple problems

Default multiple problems

1st prob... driver's side head rest doesnt move up or down...

2nd prob... the radio has "code" written in the lcd... i tried punching numbers but they dont appear on the screen...

what should i do? please help

thanks!

Default hmmm, no owners manual, right? 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    1st prob... driver's side head rest doesnt move up or down...

2nd prob... the radio has "code" written in the lcd... i tried punching numbers but they dont appear on the screen...

what should i do? please help

thanks!
    The numbers do not appear in the display when entering the radio CODE. You will hear a beep if you have succesfully entered all 5 digits of the code, though.

Here's the instructions:
    1. turn the radio on (radio will say CODE).
    2. then enter the 5 digit code using the radio preset buttons. Radio should beep and CODE should disappear from display.

If at anytime the radio beeps while entering the 5 digits...STOP...then start over from the beginning. If you enter an incorrect number...continue entering up to 5 digits then start over. You have 3 tries to get it right...if you fail...you will need to leave the radio on for 1 hour (with the ignition in position 1 [NOT position 2])...then re-enter the code at the end of 1 hour.

If you can hear the head rest motor but the head rest fails to move up or down...go to this link for instructions on how to repair (its VERY easy). I've done this repair on my 91 735il (now sold) and my e34 525iT and the headrest still work!: http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e34/789813-1.html
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

is it in the owner's manual? couldnt find it in there...

btw... im having problems removing the back part of the seat... is there some sort of lock or screw that i have to remove first... couldnt find one...

the message "code" doesnt get removed... my stereo unit is the one with a 4 digit code which shows the number when you press it... someone played with it and it got locked... now... i cant punch the numbers in there... the manual says 15 minutes... but have tried to turn it on for more than 1 hr already...

Default sometimes there's a screw on the lower area of

is it in the owner's manual? couldnt find it in there...
    btw... im having problems removing the back part of the seat... is there some sort of lock or screw that i have to remove first... couldnt find one...
    the seat back (on the sides)...check to see if any are there. If not, you need to place both hands (one on each side of seat back) then push upward and back towards you at the same time (to release the lower springs) then pull downward to clear hooks on the upper section of the seat. See diagrams below:

note the clips at bottom (circled in red) and the hooks at the top (circled in red) on section #8 in the diagram below (#9 & #10 don't apply to the e34...they are for the articulating back of the 7 series comfort seat):

Check to see if your seatback is secured with phillip head screws which will be located behind these plastic covers which can be removed with a thin blade (see red arrow in pic below):
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Default sorry...I'm not familiar with radios that have 4 digit CODE

the message "code" doesnt get removed... my stereo unit is the one with a 4 digit code which shows the number when you press it... someone played with it and it got locked... now... i cant punch the numbers in there... the manual says 15 minutes... but have tried to turn it on for more than 1 hr already...
    Are you located outside the USA?
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

yup... philippines... but mine is a US model (they say)

dude, if you remove the rear of the seat 90% chance your gonna bust it and have to glue it together (hmm...how do I know)whats here you forgot to get? Headrest is driven by a motor/cable under the whole seat, find the right one pull the metal sheath off cut 1/4 inch off and heat the sheath and push it back on...walla headrest fixed unless you have a bad motor or power supply.

Radio code should be written somewhere on the paperwork cause everyone needs it sometime or another, If you cant locate the "5" diget number you can take or call the dealer with the "vin" number and get the code to punch in. The directions are above.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Pong, what is the chassis number of the car?
    If it is in the Phils, I assume it is imported used from Japan.
    And Japanese radios of that year do not have a code number, just installed.
    You can also see it,
    FM-TV 76-90 Mhz, 1-3 Channel
    AM 522-1628
    If that is writen on the radio somewhere, it is a jap. version.
    But just give us the chassis number (last 7 digits/letters is o.k.) and we will tell you what year. model etc.
    and also when it was produced really.
    I hope you will not be disappointed like Whit, who bought a "1993" 750iL wich now turned out to be actually from 1988 after he contacted me.

Default Eeeeek!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    I hope you will not be disappointed like Whit, who bought a "1993" 750iL wich now turned out to be actually from 1988 after he contacted me.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast