GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Dustless Brake Pads

Default Dustless Brake Pads

I've been trying to purchase Raybestos QS ceramic front pads for over a week from the local Auto Zone and they keep coming up "temporarily out of stock". I searched the Raybestos website but it's worthless. Is there a quiet oem DUSTLESS pad any of you guys are using with good success?
    Thanks,
    JR
    92 525

Unregistered Guest

Default Thats because autozone really doesn't carry them, they say they do but

they will usually try to steer you to something else.
    www.partsamerica.com carries them and has them in stock frequently at a lot of their stores, which are checkers, kragen , shucks, and advance auto parts. Go to their website and enter your zipcode after looking up the qs pads for your car, it will show you the closest store that has them.

Quote Originally Posted by JR'Z 525
    I've been trying to purchase Raybestos QS ceramic front pads for over a week from the local Auto Zone and they keep coming up "temporarily out of stock". I searched the Raybestos website but it's worthless. Is there a quiet oem DUSTLESS pad any of you guys are using with good success?
    Thanks,
    JR
    92 525

Ceramic are not dustless... Call up BMA... They would recommend Mintex.

Default Bah, Tiger. Raybestos ceramics are about as close to dustless as you're

going to find period. They are a lighter colored material that doesn't show as well as the darker pads and the composition is different so that it doesn't cling to the wheel as much as conventional pads. Net result no or very little visible dusting, nothing like mintex. No offense to Pat and Yves at Bma but they recomend what they carry and they can't get a good enough price break on raybesto's for them to be competitive with the large chains like
    partsamerical or pepboys. Autozone claims that they can get raybesto's but they carry very little of it and try to push you into morse ceramics instead..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Ceramic are not dustless... Call up BMA... They would recommend Mintex.

Default Thanks guys, I ordered them from PartsAmerica.com

Should be here in a few days. No local store here in NE GA.
    JR
    92 525