GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See the Obsession in the April European Car magazine?

Default See the Obsession in the April European Car magazine?

Awsome, a 600,000 mile 1989 E34. A two page spread. I'll take a pic and post the article once my camera thaws out!

nice! let's see it!

i worked on a 94 740il (e32) that was showing 425xxx miles that was in better shape then some of the 50k mile ones i've seen
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Winfred, sure that wasn't my 735il E-32?

huh?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Damn nice lookin ride except for the grills

fat grills rule!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Ascotgrun Guest

With modified engine internals and intake and new suspension and wheels I would hardly consider that a true 600,000 mile car. The body and engine block/head might have that mileage on it, but short of rust there isn't much to go wrong with that.

Default hmmm...short of rust, not much that can go wrong?...lol

I don't think so. Everything can go wrong and many times does...particularly on a Nikasil V8 car. In spite of being down a few horsepower, I much prefer the big six. My now 14 year old car has been pretty much rebuilt front to back excluding trans and diff....so say there is plenty of opportunity for things to be fixed that can go wrong as attested to my most on the board that have done same with their aging E-34's..even at well under 200k miles.
    And Jeff, thanks for the compliment. It is wide grills are an acquired taste.

George

I love my big six. And I can't believe how my 14 year old, 150K mile car, still feels and rides like a new car. It amazes me. Friends drive the car (occasionally) and just love it. They can't believe it either. No rattles, solid as a rock. Yes, I've just about replaced the whole suspension, but still, for 14 years old, the car's got more built in quality going on than most. 600,00 miles. No problem, with maintenance it'll go twice that! But I think my point is, because there are people out there like us so enamoured with these cars, we feel they are worth the maintenance effort to continue enjoying them, and we do so. I'll bet there will be million mile e34's out there, if they aren't out there already.

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    I don't think so. Everything can go wrong and many times does...particularly on a Nikasil V8 car. In spite of being down a few horsepower, I much prefer the big six. My now 14 year old car has been pretty much rebuilt front to back excluding trans and diff....so say there is plenty of opportunity for things to be fixed that can go wrong as attested to my most on the board that have done same with their aging E-34's..even at well under 200k miles.
    And Jeff, thanks for the compliment. It is wide grills are an acquired taste.

George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast