GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Ed...are the servers running in safe mode?

Default Ed...are the servers running in safe mode?

I have NEVER seen this place so slow!

Just a heads up.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    I have NEVER seen this place so slow!

Just a heads up.
    Ditto.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Yes, today it was dying. I've been looking into it. Ended up rebooting and the performance improved. It's weird, I've looked at the stats and its like everybody and their brother is online on my sites. The two big sites on my server are Crappie.com and Bimmer.info. Crappie.com has been growing like gangbusters. But it only recently achived more traffic than Bimmer.info.

If I get a job, I'll be getting a new server. But you also have to remember, I moved the Database off to another server. That provided some relief at the beginning of this year.

I just now implemented a backend network from the web server to the database server. That should offload some work onto additional NICs and hopefully prevent any network bottlenecks which may have been introduced when I move the DB off the web server.

So, lets wait and see. And wish me luck tomorrow. Second interview for a new job. Maybe a new server will be on the way, eh!

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

is it bimmer info galleries ed and all the sig pics etc????
    Gone but not forgotten

There is an issue with the Gallery that I am addressing. So onne that's addressed, there'll be a little more relief. It's use of the gallery for reasons other than showing off your bimmers. But I'm on top of it, so no worries there.

I will be cleaning up the galleries, so don't be suprised if you have something disappear on you inadvertantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    is it bimmer info galleries ed and all the sig pics etc????

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default Ed, is any of that space you allocate to me for Pics causing any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    There is an issue with the Gallery that I am addressing. So onne that's addressed, there'll be a little more relief. It's use of the gallery for reasons other than showing off your bimmers. But I'm on top of it, so no worries there.

I will be cleaning up the galleries, so don't be suprised if you have something disappear on you inadvertantly.

somethings definetly not going smooth there, its been slow before but this has only been what the last couple days? Its like your servers are hooked to dialup...gonna see what them fine folks are doin to you on crappie.com...somethings all snarled over there...lol
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Naw guys, I've gone through the logs and I can't figure it out. I've got to tap into my UNIX buddies to have them take a "look see". So I'll be watching for a while, but I can't figure out why the major slowdowns have happened. I suppose, a real job, and a new server would help, but I can't just use a normal PC cause I host about 100 web sites. I've checked, and of those sites, the major activity (95%) is Crappie.com and Bimmer.info. The other sites are just brochureware if you know what I mean. No real activity. So, in other words, I'm still working on it. I certainly want to keep you guys up and active, and I'll do my best.

BTW, I spoke with AlanS' mom today, Jacki, and she's a great person. She says hi and really appreciates our ongoing concern and appreciation of Allan. She checked out all his posts on Bimmer.info and it really warmed her. I sent her out a bunch of AllanS designed shirts. She really seems to be OK, and I enjoyed talking to her.