GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Smash…….Weekend ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Smash…….Weekend ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, firstly apologies for not being around for the last few weeks, as I’ve been very busy with my final year of uni and have tried to avoid any distractions. Such as this excellent forum. But in my time of need know this is the only place to turn to for help!

Quite simple really though just need some advice on the removal and replacement of the driver side window. I’ve not done it before and just want to know if theirs any tips or tricks you can tell me to aid a smooth fit without too much hassle?

Its 3:30 now here in rainy Huddersfield (UK) and about an hour ago I witnessed some sad, jealous, drunk git blatantly walk past my car and smash the window. What is the world coming too?

Ps if there are any kind English E34 owners reading this in the vicinity of Huddersfield, Yorkshire or Disley, Stockport, Cheshire with a driver’s window they don’t want handy. Please let me know. I fiere finding somewhere open on a Sunday will be virtually imposable, typical! Expletive, Expletive, Expletive!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of my biggest fears about owning a nice car,some idiot does that....
    Gone but not forgotten

Contact this company. They usually trade in used E32 parts, but might have also something for you.
    http://www.bavarianautoparts.co.uk/main.htm

They should have a car alarm that works like those outdoor mosquito killers... you touch the car, and zap... you're out cold... hahahaha... just don't forget to disarm it when YOU open your own car! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jplacson
    They should have a car alarm that works like those outdoor mosquito killers... you touch the car, and zap... you're out cold... hahahaha... just don't forget to disarm it when YOU open your own car! lol

Yer I wish it was possible. Ive been thinking along the same lines for a number of years now! (has any one managed it?)

You just don’t mess with another mans car!! And the vermin that do should suffer the consequences. My alarm has every conceivable extra; code rolling, proxy sensors, remote-start, etc…. but what’s the point as it doesn’t prevent damage! Or catch the culprit. As you can see I’ve had no sleep 2night (don’t exactly rate the temporary Perspex & gaffer tape fix)

I remember seeing a car (think it was an E39) fitted with flamethrowers under the sills a few years ago in South Africa, great idea but apparently it needed a respray every time they went of.

Am I right in assuming the windows only held in with a couple of bolts and just a pull and wiggle and its out?

Default That is too awful to hear

Especially in my home town. Are you from there originally or just going to school there? I have not been back for almost fifteen years. I have to get back sometime in the near future for a pint and to visit family. It was a very nice town when I last was there and I am sad to hear it has deteriorated a bit. Good luck in your search for a new window.

Quote Originally Posted by 525SEI BRIT
    Yer I wish it was possible. Ive been thinking along the same lines for a number of years now! (has any one managed it?)

You just don’t mess with another mans car!! And the vermin that do should suffer the consequences. My alarm has every conceivable extra; code rolling, proxy sensors, remote-start, etc…. but what’s the point as it doesn’t prevent damage! Or catch the culprit. As you can see I’ve had no sleep 2night (don’t exactly rate the temporary Perspex & gaffer tape fix)

I remember seeing a car (think it was an E39) fitted with flamethrowers under the sills a few years ago in South Africa, great idea but apparently it needed a respray every time they went of.

Am I right in assuming the windows only held in with a couple of bolts and just a pull and wiggle and its out?

A bit! Deteriorated a lot apparently.

I’m not from Huddersfield. Originally grew up in Marlow, a hole deferent world! Over the last 3½ years here studying car design I’ve noticed it get worse, cant wait to leave I’m afraid! Unfortunately any place with Uni population has its trouble, it is sad. I don’t understand the mentality. My advise to you would be not to bring the 535.

Sorted it this morning luckily found a genuine BM window Sunday afternoon in Dewsbruy got raped £30 for it mind. Fitted with no problems though and I’ve decided to lock it away at my mothers in Cheshire for a while don’t need the extra paranoia during my finals. Cheers for all the help and sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Black 535i
    Especially in my home town. Are you from there originally or just going to school there? I have not been back for almost fifteen years. I have to get back sometime in the near future for a pint and to visit family. It was a very nice town when I last was there and I am sad to hear it has deteriorated a bit. Good luck in your search for a new window.

Thought id add a picky. Just because!

Lucky really no damage to any were else and nothing was stolen. But still picking shards of glass out of my fingers.

Dose anyone know how effective tint/ security film is? I was amazed at how much the glass shattered, and were it got to. (as far as the rear shelf?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Safety film will help...

...it will make it a bit harder to smash in the glass due to the resistance of the film and it will also keep the shards from flying everywhere. Just make sure that you follow the local laws regarding percentage of tint. I have learned about that twice here in Chiacgo from the local constabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by 525SEI BRIT
    Thought id add a picky. Just because!

Lucky really no damage to any were else and nothing was stolen. But still picking shards of glass out of my fingers.

Dose anyone know how effective tint/ security film is? I was amazed at how much the glass shattered, and were it got to. (as far as the rear shelf?)

Last Saturday at my work one of the guys got his all windows shattered by some jealous coworker. Some people are real as**oles.