GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What can I do about my transmission?

Default What can I do about my transmission?

Hey guys,

I took my 92 525i into the shop today because I was hearing some noises coming from the transmission. The mechanic confirmed it was the transmission and suggested I just leave it alone because it would cost too much to replace/repair the entire transmission. Is there anything I can do except drive it til it dies?

Also, how would I go about parting out my car if it does die?

Thanks for all the help! Hopefully I'll still be an e34 driver for longer. I only have about 140k miles.

Edwin
    92 525iA

I would start looking for a good used trans and put it in when it's convenient. There are lots of parts cars out there and you should have enough time to find one before yours dies (hopefully).
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

manual or auto? do a swap if its AT!

I too had noises coming from my transmission and sometimes it would hesitate in low gears and lag pop into gear when warm. The noises were only present in park and reverse. I changed the tranny fluid and now I cant get above 55 mph or else I get trans prog error. Low gears work fine its just when I get on the highway as soon as I hit 55-60 it goes into limp mode. Dont know what to do (replace speed sensor? New Transmission?).
    95 BMW 525i black/black
    -E.A.T. chip
    -Blacked out grill and window trim
    -17in AC replicas
    -Blistein shocks & H&R springs
    -Cadmium plated Brembo rotors
    -Raybestos QS break pads

how much would it cost do you think? Yeah I would definitely want a manual.

edwin
    92 525iA

Call Kirt or shop online... shouldn't be too bad... Local rebuild cost u a fortune...I still would do a filter fluid change to see if that saved the day... It does't hurt to try before replacing the tranny.

It's always worth checking the oil level before going any further. This happened to me; thought I was looking at big bucks but it just needed half a pint of oil.

Default transmission

have transmission for sale 500.00 automatic also have comp available please contact if interested 954 2985602 / dimsum29@hotmail.com

I took my 92 525i into the shop today because I was hearing some noises coming from the transmission. The mechanic confirmed it was the transmission and suggested I just leave it alone because it would cost too much to replace/repair the entire transmission. Is there anything I can do except drive it til it dies?

Also, how would I go about parting out my car if it does die?

Thanks for all the help! Hopefully I'll still be an e34 driver for longer. I only have about 140k miles.

Edwin[/QUOTE]