GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Electric internal rear-view mirror?

Default Electric internal rear-view mirror?

What's up with that? I've seen a few on Ebay, for a few bucks. Is there any chance to install them into an E34? The seller states that it's E32/E34 compatible.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Can you link such an offer so see the details here?

I'm in the middle of retrofitting one onto my car. I dug around in the archives and found a board member who did the install, put in a homelink unit. I've got the instructions - people can email me if they want them.

My e34 already has the wiring harness connector built in for the mirror - it exists behind the sunroof access flap. I removed the reading/interior light module, as well, and found the connector and a few inches of wire.

It's pretty straightforward, the only difficulty is finding the correct way to mount a Gentex or similar mirror in the car. Mine is affixed to the windshield, whereas I believe the e39 and e38 mirrors with the fun features simply attached to the headliner.

Best, whit

Default Here you go...

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Can you link such an offer so see the details here?
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ayphotohosting
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    I'm in the middle of retrofitting one onto my car. I dug around in the archives and found a board member who did the install, put in a homelink unit. I've got the instructions - people can email me if they want them.

My e34 already has the wiring harness connector built in for the mirror - it exists behind the sunroof access flap. I removed the reading/interior light module, as well, and found the connector and a few inches of wire.

It's pretty straightforward, the only difficulty is finding the correct way to mount a Gentex or similar mirror in the car. Mine is affixed to the windshield, whereas I believe the e39 and e38 mirrors with the fun features simply attached to the headliner.
    This is the E32 mirror which mounts the same way as the E34 one - the question is, how do you remove the old one?