GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone try fittings those tiny amber lights in E34,

Default Did anyone try fittings those tiny amber lights in E34,

I am talking about the two tiny lights inside the E39 giving this amazing shimmer to the interior. Anyone out there knows how to retro-fit this into the E34??

I have done that. Very straight forward. Need to find the LEDs, I use the ones from a rolled E39, and drill holes in the light lens and tab into the sunroof switch, that's about it.

I did it a long time ago....very easy. Nowadays more cars are starting to have the lights like Audis, Mecedes, Acuras etc. Most of the time the light emanates from the underside of the rearview mirror. Mine are mounted into the panel where the sunroof switch is and are tapped into the lighting for the switch. My LEDs are blue though because I like the blue tone at night. As a matter of fact my interior is tricked out with a number of subtle sexy lights. Not that it matches the orange hue of the dash lights but it is a kool contrast everyone notices in my car... I have 2 more small blue LEDs that light up the floor of the rear seat too. Plus I have black lighting under the driver and passenger side of the dash. Interesting the black lighting with the blue LEDs are a matching combo. And one of the coolest things are my blue lighted door sills that say "BMW". I was careful not to go overboard with the lighting. Everything was installed clean, recessed, tasteful and out of sight. Best thing is everything is switch controlled so I can choose on my mood when I want the lights or not. I think it costed me about $30 to do all this. Anyone with imagination can do it too....The wiring is not rocket science.
    Last edited by rockyfeller; 02-10-2005 at 12:07 AM.

King Of NYC

This sounds cool, is there a specific procedure for this?

I want the adjustable thing that the new Mustangs have, well had at least. My alpine 9835 head unit has infinitely adjustable buttons, the orange matches the dash lighting better than the Nakamichi did. Anyway, I want to find that type of light, and implement that into the rearview mirror, or the center console and floorboards.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Default Cool....Got Some Pics?

]

Default What are you talking about?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have not noticed tiny lights in the e39. Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by aabdelhamid
    I am talking about the two tiny lights inside the E39 giving this amazing shimmer to the interior. Anyone out there knows how to retro-fit this into the E34??
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Hi all,
    I as well was wondering what you guys are talking about. Are you guys talking about the map lights? That is the only thing I can think of.

Thanks for clearing it up for me

-Phil V In CT

Well, the newer E46 have those as well... I think they're officially called "mood lighting". They light up your center console with dim lights to make the car look "warmer". The new Toureg of VW has mood lighting on the floor as well.

have you got pics of the sills? i'd really like to see them.. daytime and nighttime pics..
    ?
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast