GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anyone got good advice for buying off German E-bay?

Default Anyone got good advice for buying off German E-bay?

Since my bmw-pio/m adaptor got "lost in the mail" between USA and New Zealand, and www.discountcarstereo.com wont answer my e-mails, and UPS tracking is completely useless, I'm a bit skeptical of buying things from overseas.

Now I'm quite keen on selling my CDX-M30 and getting a BMW Business in-dash cd player. I see there are several from E36/Z3's on German E-bay, and a member of this board has successfully installed a CD43 in his E32, so I thought I might give it a go...

Why spend all that money for an in dash cd player ? There are aftermarket alternatives that have much better features and performance - plus they are less expensive.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

but it will say BMW on it!

missin the point man.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

dereck sometime in lil ol NZ the cheapest stuff is WAY more expensive than the US of A.Dan i helped a coupla german tourists out over the new year so i expect an email any day from a guy who lives in Munich........His girlfreind is staying in NZ for a holiday so if i dont hear from him soon i will get his email from her........
    Gone but not forgotten

The new, cheap and nasty cd head units here go for about NZD$300. I can get a used bmw in-dash cd player for NZD$350 +shipping off german e-bay. I hear the cd43 units are very good, and as 632 Regal states, it would say bmw on it and match the illumination.

Default buying off German eBay

Before you bid, contact the German seller to see if they'll ship "weltweit" or worldwide. They have a very quick and efficient internal shipping system in Germany, but it may be a lot of extra work for them to ship beyond Europe.

Payment may also be an issue: They have a wonderful electronic funds transfer system in Germany, but if you send them a cashier's check or money order, their bank may have a steep charge to deposit it. PayPal was planning to expand into Germany for eBay users, but I do not know if or how well that was implemented. Is there a branch of a German bank near you? Perhaps they can help.

And one good info for shipping cost. I use usually Postpaket International. This takes 10-12 days to arrive in Japan, but is much cheaper.
    As a sample I just selected 5 kg to New Zealand. It costs only 37 EURO compared to 315 EURO for FedEx, which of course is much faster with 2-3 days.
    Postpaket International is sent through their local post office.
    Here you can 'play' some weights / price calculations.
    http://www.posttip.de/besttarif.asp?...o2.x=8&go2.y=5

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    And one good info for shipping cost. I use usually Postpaket International. This takes 10-12 days to arrive in Japan, but is much cheaper.
    As a sample I just selected 5 kg to New Zealand. It costs only 37 EURO compared to 315 EURO for FedEx, which of course is much faster with 2-3 days.
    Postpaket International is sent through their local post office.
    Here you can 'play' some weights / price calculations.
    http://www.posttip.de/besttarif.asp?...o2.x=8&go2.y=5
    Is Postpaket a guaranteed delivery, or track'n'trace type thing??? I'm not sure about these international mail delivery services after UPS lost my package.

What I can read is that the max. amount is EURO 500,--. But there are exceptions depending on countries.
    I would suggest you contact your local DHL office in NZ, as DHL is owned by the German postal office and does the transport.