GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Its hard to say goodbye...

Default Its hard to say goodbye...

After all these great years...six to be exact…joy, sweat and tears...a big day for me yesterday, I sold my pride...my beloved 1990 735iL. I know this is an E-34 board but I have so many friends on here and just had to let you know.
    I had a weak moment and a real nice, and I might add, deserving gentlemen from the Roadfly board expressed interest resulting in a volley of e-mails and pictures and the rest is history. The emotion I feel is so much more profound due to all the great people I have met only because of this car. This car and the people due to our shared car hobby comprise some of the best experiences of my life. I would recite names but you all know who you are. Barry Meguaire is right...there are no finer people than car guys...you guys. He can't explain it, nor can I...just the way it is. I can’t thank you enough for your friendship and knowledge you have imparted to make our shared passion of BMW ownership so enjoyable. As to the car...well it is simply the nicest car I have ever owned...far and away the best open road car, arguably the best looking, best running and best engineered.
    A brief anecdote about my friend David who bought the car. I have to applaud his spirit because he really captures the essence of the hobby. Buy a car across the country, fly out and drive it home...a romantic embrace of the open road...a fitting way to say goodbye to this special car. A fellow Roadfly member who BTW now owns two 1990 735iL’s...flew in from Salt Lake City...stayed the night after we scrutinized the car where I live in Michigan, reviewed all the records which took an hour and a half and took it for a good drive after the car hadn’t been driven for two months. As usual, it performed as a BMW should. Just before I picked him up at the airport, I started the car and it fired instantly. After staying over Thursday night...since he had a two solid day drive home in front of him, he hit the road after breakfast. At breakfast, our food was late and the waitress simply gave us our food for free...a good omen.
    I will still come on the board and converse with my friends as the people involved in this hobby were always more important to me than the car itself...and make no mistake, I loved that car. But time to send it to a new home and a good home its going to...I couldn’t be more pleased.
    Best Wishes to all my friends and to David. I hope you enjoy the car as much as I did,
    George
    P.S. Today around 10:00 AM or so, I couldn’t stand it any longer and
    had to call David on his cell to see if he was safe and how the car was performing. He said the car hadn’t missed a beat and he was cruising through Nevada happily at 3400 RPM where he had his cruise set and loving every minute...doesn’t get any better than that...what that car was meant to do.
    A last picture with my 7:

don't be a stranger
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

What kind of car are you gonna buy now??

Yes, don't be a stranger. Your input & perspective are appreciated here.
    Do I smell an m5?
    erased due to slander

Default I'm sure you got a good price for it. Whats in the plans for the replacement? is it

going to be another bmw or do you have japanese plans ? This will be one of those cars that you always think about in the future wondering if you should have sold it or not... but I'm sure that you'll find another project car too keep you occupied... Maybe a prius

Damn George, that almost made me cry.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

Default Just out of words.

Javier

Default We All Must Face That Day

What a beauty George. Silver was always one of the Seven's best color. I can see why you haven't driven it in awhile. I have Family in Saginaw. I only visit between April and ealy October. I'm sure David will continue to preserve it. I bet the car says when can I get an owner in Florida or somewhere where it is warm.
    Seeing you standing up there is preparing me for my day.
    Willo
    1990 535i
    1981 528i
    1975 2002

The fact that the car was that clean...in Michigan...in winter speaks worlds of your devotion to her.
    Now don't stray too far when you pick up her replacement
    Sean H
    '02 325ci
    '84 318i GTR

Default George I'm at a loss for words - I didn't think you would ever sell it...

...and it will be hard to find your next BMW (one that is up to your high standards). It's been great knowing you for the last few years, your contributions to the Board have been many and I will miss your BMW experience - so don't be a stranger - we even let people with Fords talk about BMW's here. (I lied, I'm not a loss for words)

regards
    Phil Sanderson

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast