GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Repairing old, brittle wiring harness plastic connectors

Default Repairing old, brittle wiring harness plastic connectors

Guys,

If your car is anything like mine (I.E., >10 years old...which it has to be), you probably know what I'm dealing with these days: wiring harness plastic connectors that shatter upon trying to remove them from their accessories.

Two days ago, I messed up the connector for the hazard lights while trying to clean the switch. Now the wiring harness connector for that function is in two parts.

Same goes with my orange SRS sensor(s)...there are little bits of orange plastic all over my engine compartment.

Earlier today, it was the heater valve connector.

Anyone know of anything to do about this? I suppose I could try to glue all of these messed up connectors back together, but that would probably only work as a temporary solution.

best, whit

Default Connectors? I would like to replace a few also.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Guys,

If your car is anything like mine (I.E., >10 years old...which it has to be), you probably know what I'm dealing with these days: wiring harness plastic connectors that shatter upon trying to remove them from their accessories.

Two days ago, I messed up the connector for the hazard lights while trying to clean the switch. Now the wiring harness connector for that function is in two parts.

Same goes with my orange SRS sensor(s)...there are little bits of orange plastic all over my engine compartment.

Earlier today, it was the heater valve connector.

Anyone know of anything to do about this? I suppose I could try to glue all of these messed up connectors back together, but that would probably only work as a temporary solution.

best, whit

I bumped one as I was working under the car and broke the little tab off. I was planning on checking with the dealer to see if they sell the connectors I need to replace. I'm looking for other sources also.

Good idea, Shogun...but, would you splice the new connector in? I wonder if BMA can sell me this stuff...