GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Never seen these before, hmmm

Default Never seen these before, hmmm

Not sure if I like them or not, it's from a M5 ad in autotrader. They're kind of cool.

By the way, they happen to be installed on an asking price of 25k '91 M5....whew!

Enjoy,
    Jr

those are weird hehehe
    never did see 'em
    must be custom, did a nice job though

Default What if they glowed like the Z4??

I've always thought those looked rather interesting, on that car. Not much else I like about the looks of the Z4 though. But if those little roundies had the light behind them, or.......oooo!!.......how about if just the blue and white quadrants were translucent and backlit??? HUH?? Hhmmmmm.......$25k for a 15 year old M5.....hhhmmmmm.....my hopes for that "someday" might be put off some more.

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

I'm thinking they are of BMW Individual program. There were a lot of things that were available for these cars but nobody could wait the extra time it took when they were building these cars by hand. I thought they were interesting and wondered if any of you had ever seen them before. Looks to me like it would have just covered up the areas prone to rust and you would have never known until it crawled up the door.

Brian, M5 prices are the cheapest I've ever seen them. There are several that are $14-17k now that would have been $18-20 a couple years ago. I believe it's a buyers market, especially now. You just need to have your research done before you plop down the cash. They are out there, don't give up hope. Just be sure you have the right one in your sights. Keep looking.

Jr

Default Jr, those side skirts are not OEM, but part of an aftermarket kit...

...my memory is cloudy but I am thinking that I have seen them on a very early A. C. Schnitzer car. I could be wrong with the brand, but they are definately after market. BMW only ever sold the MTechnic body kit for the E34 according to the standard BMW Accessories books that I have spanning about 5 years of the E34 model life.

regards
    Phil

look slike it is part of the side skirt which also forms a mini flare on the rear wheel arch
    Gone but not forgotten

I have seen a few E30's here in Bahrain that have sideskirts that look almost identical to those. It gives them a much more modern look, very cleen looking.