GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: can someone PLEASE confirm the size of the blower motor access....

Default can someone PLEASE confirm the size of the blower motor access....

cover bolts? mine almost look like screws on one side (rounded) and my 7mm bit is missing from my toolkit. i tried the 6.5 and 7.5 on it, it would SEEM like the 7 is the correct size. don't like going to autozone to buy single sockets in this trifiling of a size, but if they have a 6pt or 12 pt grabbing one it might be worth my while. my locks don't werk, now my blower....(when i can't open the windows)....grumble. it looks like gale had some trouble finding brushes to fit. hopefully, i won't have that problem, as i'm picking through a bucket of assorted ones. exact fit can't be a concern
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

the common blower cover sizes for me have been 6mm or 7mm 6 point depending on year/model, i wouldn't hold my breath on brushes fixing the motor, most of the time the comm (thing brushes ride on) has been eaten up on the motor
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

.....i have very little class. if the comm. is eaten up, but still lets brushes ride on it and turn the motor with a symphony of sounds, ill live with it until i can find another. do any of the e30 motors fit e34s winfred? if they do i might just swipe one and semi-rebuild it to put back in my car.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

just a plug in for rigmaster. i bought a blower motor a little while ago from bret.. good condition and shipped for a very reasonable price. danH on this forum did too and hes happy with it. email bret and see if he has anymore..

my blower motor was shot.. the bearings on the shaft wore out and had almost 1/2 inch of play.made lots of noise and didnt spin very fast anymore. might as well replace it while its open.

nope

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    do any of the e30 motors fit e34s winfred?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

my dad said it's not difficult to replace the brushes on these motors, i've got one sitting in my trunk right now to be honest. I just need to find the correct set of brushes for it.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

it's not hard it's that just about every one i've done has had the comm severly worn, usually theres more brush left then copper

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    my dad said it's not difficult to replace the brushes on these motors, i've got one sitting in my trunk right now to be honest. I just need to find the correct set of brushes for it.