GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the e34 so popular

Default Why is the e34 so popular

I bought a 1992 525i as my first car and i have noticed there is essentially a die hard fan cluster to the 90's bmw's, and especially to the e34. Why such a following?

i guess maybe because it's amazing... i dont really know

Default Good looking, performs and handles well, easy to maintain

IMHO - It's the last of the BMW's on which you can do the bulk of the maintenance. Not TOO full of electrickery.....
    "Uncle" Phil C
    2011 Kia Optima EX-P.
    Former owner of a 95 525i 5spd. "The GQ" aka A Shark in sheeps clothing
    03 R1150RT 6spd. "DaRTth"
    00 R1100R 5spd. "LeRoy"

I think its two things, looks and feel. the e34 is a perfect blend between the boxy old volvo-looking bimmers from the 80's and todays newer sleek 'isthatahondaaccord?' bimmers IMHO of course. i'm sure lots of people here love the newer bimmers and their sleak lines and whatnot. I can see beauty in both, but the e34 is definatly the best.

The second reason is ride and feel. The e34 is rock solid and handles great despite the silky smoothness of it all and its 3500lb weight. as i've heard it the newer modles and the older models just don't have this feel. i mean.. honestly, everyone and their damn dog has a new 3 series now. we might all have 7's except they're even more expensive, more expensive to maintain, and, for me, wayyy to big.

Default how many other cars offer you as much

handling, driveability, technology, creature comforts, attention to detail, plus name cache for the amount of money you paid? Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.....eeehhhhhhhh....times up!

Many times you hear the terms reliability and durability tossed around...well the e34 has durability. You may buy one of those reliable Hondas or Toyotas..and their reputation holds true most times you can drive them into the ground...but that's just what it will look like after 10 years...like you've driven it into the ground!

A well maintained e34 still looks great and handles great and still holds up to its critical acclaim bestowed upon it by the Press in its hey-day. I paid $7900 for my Touring...what other car for that price comes with full leather seats (and not just the seating surface), real wood trim, keyless entry, traction control, door lock heaters, heated mirrors, car anti-theft immobilizer, trip cpu, programmable electro/hydraulic tranny, etc, etc, etc. What a DEAL!
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Default Just look at it!!!

Timeless, plus they even come in models like this one!

The best of everything!

hmmm... must paint my 535

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5

Timeless, plus they even come in models like this one!

The best of everything!
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Jr, you need to stop flashing that picture around, it makes everybody here jealous. Who wouldn't want a beauty like yours?

Yeah...that car is orgasmic.

Back on topic: why did you buy the car?

.... that's what I thought.

best, whit

I think of the BMW enthusiasts out there there is great respect for the E34/E32/E30. IMHO, they are the last of the BMWs that you can keep for 200K miles and the car still feels close to how it did on day one (providing regular maint.). E36s seem to fall apart very quickly (rattles, trim defects etc). E39s don't seem to wear as well as the E34s. E38s are just impossible to own at higher mileages with everything breaking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast