GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much would i have to pay for this repair/

Default how much would i have to pay for this repair/

heya, someone threw a rock at my car and left a sexy dent... (he was drunk)
    the dent itself is about 3/4 and inch deep and 6-8 inched wide on the rear driver side quarterpanel...

how much would it be to repair that sucka?

yeah that sucks. I just had to do an estimate on my 535 after i leant the car out to a friend. I got the car back w/ a huge dent in the drivers door. the estimate was around a thousand $. Hes paying for it, so i dont have to worry about the expense. Your damage sounds similiar to mine so im guessing the price would be about the same. good luck!
    Daniel Kohr
    Proud 535i owner
    EMAIL: kohrdl@3mawdm.usmc.mil

Default first of all

which country/area do you live. This is an international board from members all over the world.
    Without a pic it is anyway just a very rough guess what it would cost.

oregon, USA, i wish i had a digital camera but dangnabbit i dont.... and hey rough is what im looking for, im wondering if its cheaper to replace the quarterpanel

Rear quarter panels are hard. Take a look at the C pillar and the way the panel goes up into the roof- unibody. Are you absolutely sure you cant pull that dent out to the point where a buffer could help? Those paintless dent guys are incredible.
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]

The PDRs in Texas charge $30-$50 dollars depending upon the severity of the dent.

I paid $500 to remove 30-40 various dents and dings ranging in severity. Worth every penny.

Dent wizard in my area (Springfield, MA) sucks big time. I had a small dent on my trunk, and a bigger one on my front end fender. The guy could not remove it, he even didn’t want to touch the car, after he did a 5 sec estimate.

I had a dent the size of a grapefruit put into my left rear quaterpanel, my dad was in a rush and wasn't looking....Idiot...., anyway got it fixed and it cost me about $750. Not terrible but still expensive for such a menial repair. The fix is only in the eye of the beholder, the damage is only esthetic, but like me you will probably end up getting it fixed. My repair was done fantastic however I had to bring the car back so they could wet sand and respray clear, it had the orande peel texture. GOOD LUCK

yea, unfoirtunately the sharp rock left a gigantous scrape (gigantious = 4 inches) about a fingernails depth into the surface so sadly a repaint is required

Default As long as the paint is not chipped.....

try getting it rolled out. I had something similar on my drivers door and got it pushed out. You would never know there ever was a dent there. It should cost you around $150-$200. I paid $150 here in Toronto.

Brian
    95 525ia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast