GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Driver seat leather replacement

Default Driver seat leather replacement

Is there a way to replace the leather on the drivers seat or do I need to buy
    a used seat? Ive been doing some searching an havent found much but some used seats just as worn as mine. My leather is light grey.

you can redye and refinish your seats,someone is sure to have a procedure.Thats the beauty of leather it can be refinished.
    Gone but not forgotten

Default I had the worn panel replaced locally

My grey leather was worn with a hole on the driver's bolster. After much searching like you are doing, I gave up trying to find a seat or skins had a local upholstery shop replace the panel. They showed me samples of a variety of leather and vinyl material to make a good texture and colour match in the shop, then ordered the one I chose. It turned out great.
    I removed and replaced the seat myself. It saved me a few bucks, and I did it right so the SRS system did not complain. Really a pretty easy job. Total cost was $70. OE skins would have been $600 just for the material.
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by danzee
    I removed and replaced the seat myself. It saved me a few bucks, and I did it right so the SRS system did not complain. Really a pretty easy job. Total cost was $70. OE skins would have been $600 just for the material.
    Z
    did you have to give them the worn skin so they could duplicate it? or how did they do it?

Leatherique

Great product. If you've got some minor cuts, or it's just losing the dye, I'd use it. Else get a new(er) seat from a wrecker.

http://www.leatherique.com

best, whit

Default When the mat'l came in I gave them the whole seat

Then they removed the cover, replaced the panel(s), and refitted it back on the seat. I reinstalled the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPN RAY
    did you have to give them the worn skin so they could duplicate it? or how did they do it?