GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I placed AllanS Memorial T-Shirts on the T-Shirts link at the top of the page.

Default I placed AllanS Memorial T-Shirts on the T-Shirts link at the top of the page.

Based on feedback, I chose not to alter his design with his board signature. I left AllanS's original design alone and only added a small AllanS signature behind the right tire. I did put a "In Memory of AllanS...." on the front of the shirt.
    So, take a look at the page, you can click on the T-Shirts link at the top of this page to see it. If you have any other suggestion, please do not hesitate to let me know.
    I know George M suggested creating a standalone thread with his posts, but if you want to see his posts, you can simply view them via the advanced search.
    It really saddens me to know that AllanS is gone. He really was a wonderful guy. I've gone back through my emails with him when I bought his Fog Light and he was just so great to deal with.
    Just to make sure no-one thinks there are ill intentions about the Memorial Shirts, I'll be posting all the names of the purchasers and also the total amount of money I will contribute to his scholarship fund. I'm not real comfortable doing this kind of thing (selling memorial t-shirts), as I know how sensitive it can be. But I think it's a good thing to do to show our support for each other, and AllanS's family.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Oh, here's a link to the original thread just in case someone missed it. It also has a post by Allan's mom. AllanS sounds like he was just a great all round guy, we're all certainly going to miss him.

Damn it makes me sad every time I think about it. He was so young. Heck, I'm exactly twice his age. It does make you appreciate your life and your loved ones just so much more. We're thinking about you AllanS. God Bless.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9225

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

ok guys how can we make a contribution here,I cant walk in and drop a cheque or cash into the school office.I really feel that we should make some gesture to his family either the scholarship or directly,but how? I dont want a t shirt but I will donate that much money directly with my sympathies.

Ed i am gonna buy a shirt....dont send me one put ALL the money to the fund,or take out your costs only.Can I paypal ya US$20.00? or do you want me to make a dummy purchase?
    Last edited by Paul in NZ; 01-28-2005 at 08:39 PM. Reason: i see the light
    Gone but not forgotten

very neat shirt. money going to a good cause so i'll order soon.
    Last edited by liquidtiger720; 01-28-2005 at 08:41 PM.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Yes you can, but make sure you place something in the notes about what its for. Sharon@topwebsite.com

Again, I'll post all the contributions once I receive them just so you guys know I'm on the "up and up". I do not want to be involved in any controversies. Direct contributions to the scholarship fund would probably be best so Paypal does not get their cut, but short of that, I'm going to be cutting the scholarship fund a check anyway, and to include more, on behalf of Bimmer.info members is fine by me. thank you all for your support

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    ok guys how can we make a contribution here,I cant walk in and drop a cheque or cash into the school office.I really feel that we should make some gesture to his family either the scholarship or directly,but how? I dont want a t shirt but I will donate that much money directly with my sympathies.

Ed i am gonna buy a shirt....dont send me one put ALL the money to the fund,or take out your costs only.Can I paypal ya US$20.00? or do you want me to make a dummy purchase?

How long does it take to ship out??

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

I'll prolly send out the first batch on Monday. I'll send them via USPS Priority Mail so you'll certainly receive them well before the weekend, that is, next weekend. Why do you ask?

Ed, there is not a single member of this board that would ever question your intention for performing the selfless act of providing T-shirts in memory of Allan. There is no slippery slope within this community. You continue to set the bar my friend for all you do. A suggestion and only a suggestion is please don't post who contributed and how funds are aportioned. I hope I speak for the group when I say you have our implicit trust and all are grateful for your providing this tribute to Allan.
    Thanks once again for giving so much and in this case in memory of Allan who will be greatly missed.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    I'll prolly send out the first batch on Monday. I'll send them via USPS Priority Mail so you'll certainly receive them well before the weekend, that is, next weekend. Why do you ask?

I was just curious. Sorry. Please dont take it the wrong way.

www.KaRealtySF.com

Thanks George, I appreciate the gracious comments. I may just include First Names and abbreviate the last names, just so that contributors know they were counted. I understand that some may want anonymity, and I think that will help towards that regard.

Just as an FYI, I've received 7 orders so far. thanks guys, n gals

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    Ed, there is not a single member of this board that would ever question your intention for performing the selfless act of providing T-shirts in memory of Allan. There is no slippery slope within this community. You continue to set the bar my friend for all you do. A suggestion and only a suggestion is please don't post who contributed and how funds are aportioned. I hope I speak for the group when I say you have our implicit trust and all are grateful for your providing this tribute to Allan.
    Thanks once again for giving so much and in this case in memory of Allan who will be greatly missed.
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast