GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Oil Cooler for e34 M30

Default Oil Cooler for e34 M30

Hi guys, I'm doing more planned mods for the car. The next item in question is an oil cooler for her. I've emailed Bruno and Bill R and these two gentlemen suggest that I don't need one. I run mobil1 synthetic 5w-50 with no problems.

I haven't taken her on the track yet, but plan to in the future. It is during this use that I can see myself thrashing the engine and would require a oil cooler in this situation.

I am getting my parts through Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc. They want US$50 for the cooler lines and US$70 for the oil cooler. I was thinking of getting this setup with Bruno Adaptor plate, and after having discussions with Martin in Bellevue (who has a e28 oil cooler) adding a valve to stop the oil cooler working on street use (thats if the oil is too cool) and adding a temp oil gauge.

Is this a good idea. Besisdes cost and weight, what other disadvanatges would I have with an oil cooler?

regards

kristian

the factory cooler that came on some e32s has a thermostat, i have the cooler and lines to install on my car but the oil filter housing slipped through my fingers, the cooler mounts to the bottom of the radiator to holes that are allready there. i may go with the remote filter and plumb in the cooler, as i hate the stock tilted filter housing, when the check valves are working it dumps oil all over the motor mount when you pop the top, and when they are leaking it takes 15-20 seconds for the light to go out on start up
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it