GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Right Wiper Size Please!!!air Filter?

Default Right Wiper Size Please!!!air Filter?

Hey Guys....would someone please help...I am trying to get the RIGHT SIZE windshield wipers for my 1991 525i (m50)....The wipers that are on there are WRONG...i THINK...They are Both 21".and I need new ones BAD..I am pretty sure that the car has two different sizes...I just left good ole AUTOZONE...where they already this month...gave me the wrong OIL filter.,...and STILL the wrong AIR filter...they have yet to find...the one they gave me is 4 inches shorter than the compartment it fits in....the ONE that is in there is an Orange fram...But its about 1/2 an inch TOO big...But just squeezes in there...SO...if anyone could tell me the right Air filter.... I'd GREATLY appreciate it.....ok now back to the WIPERS autozones Computer is Giving me SIX different sizes all mixed back and forth...LOL....for the wipers.and the owners manual that I have doesnt have anything about wiper sizes that Ive been able to find...So PLEASE GUYS...rescue me again....OH.,..If you are stating driver or passenger ..please remember that I am in the USA and the drivers side is the Left side...thanks Alot guys....Donnie V

gee...Autozone sucks. I only go there now for oil,fuel injection cleaner, and misc stuff like that, in which I already know what I want.

~ they gave me the wrong sizes too, but they are close enough to where I can live with it.. so I cant help you there.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

ok .....I dont knwo WHAT to do about the wiper sizes........they are ALL mixed up....I guess 21 for the drivers (left)...and then 19 for the passenger...They have 24" listed for the passenger side....DUDE THAT HANGS OFF THE SIDE OF THE CAR .. YOU STUPID AUTO ZONE COMPUTER MAN!!!!!!!!!...LOL....actually...Just to let you know...WAL MART has the best price for oil...But its NO CHEAPER to buy it in the 5 quart jugs than to buy a quart at a time...LOL...I got castrol synthetic(although Most on here seem to prefer Mobil 1)...But i got it for $4.17 qt.on sale.....BTW...The only reason i chose the Castrol is because My Buddy who just finished his BMW mechanics apprenticeship...RAVES about it...as do his Instructors....

dude - I told you - forget autozone. They can't do ANYTHING for you except sell you a battery. Don't buy belts, oil, filters....ANYTHING...except the battery from them. Call BMA, talk to Patrick or Yves. Do it right, the first time, or don't do it at all (http://www.bmaparts.com). If you want to pay more and get the right part, go to the stealer.

Thanks....LOWELL....I have listened to you on the condemnation of auto zone...HOWEVER,,,,HERE on the east coast...we have been BOMBARDED with snow and ice in the last week or so...I NEED NEW WINDSHIELD WIPERS......LIKE YESTERDAY...SO. ...I NEED the SIZES.....LOL I am SIMPLY asking for the SIZES.......SO I can get the stuff...to work...so I can stop the bare dead blade I hve NOW from carving a MOON into my windshield...asnd I'd like simply to waste my money on the proper size...EVEN if I have to get it from auto zone....I just dont have time to wait for a package to be delivered right now... II HAVE TAKEN YOUR ADVIVE...and ordered 4 oil filters from BMAPARTS....SO Stop yelling at me...DAMNIT.....My statements on how Autozone screwed up is Just further advice fro others to avoid them...HENCE the 6 different sizes for the wipers....So thanks again Lowell....But I still SIMPLY am Just asking for the PROPER WINDSHIELD WIPER SIZES....thats all....I really appreciate your help and advice....But i feel that in thsi Case....If I have the sizes./...I can get the BOSCH blades at AUTOZONE(ONLY BECAUSE ITS LESS THAN A MILE AWAY)....so that I can drive to work......OK cool....Now that Ive FULLY given an explanation you will understand me...LOL.....HOOOOORAAAAAHHH FOR.....BMAPARTS.COM...YES....LOL...thansk anyway dude.....Im just messing with you
    D

I thought the wipers were 22" on one side and 24" on the other side. It's been a while since I changed mine.

lol...WOW, dude....just....wow.

well yeah....the one variation gave me 21 on one side...then 2 on the other.....I JUST think 24 i too Long
    D

i think 24" is on my passenger side.. it hangs off the side...but it is perfect going all the way up. Best make sure you have it oriented right. I believe one side is longer than the other...

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Default What's the problem?

Just buy the longest replacement rubber refills and cut to size.
    That's it.
    The biggest problem of all is that people complain about bad rubbers, but actually the angle is incorrect. BMW has a special tool for that to adjust the angle of the blades. But that can be easily done with a 'tool' from your children's school bag.
    The wipers should sit at an 84deg/E34 and 87 on E32 angle to the windscreen - a different angle may result in noisy wiper judder.

Last edited by shogun; 01-26-2005 at 12:38 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast