GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Help Please???

Default Help Please???

Hey guys i want to thank any posters in advance. THANK YOU!

CAR:
    1995 540ia 143,297miles,

SITUATION:
    I was driving in the snow last week when some jack ass stopped short and I slid into him. Love the brakes!!! Impact (about 5mph) caused minor body damage, mostly the front grill insert. This however is all meanial, I just wanted to set the scene..

PROBLEM:
    My engine/powertrain shakes violently! resonates through out entire car.
    In the accident I broke both motor mounts. I had my car towed to my shop and replaced both hydraulic bushings (m.m.'s) assuming that I would fix my cars rumble (shaking), but it DIDN'T. The engine runs like a swiss clock seems to me like an engine dampening problem but I replaced both mounts.

PLEASE PLEASE, ANYONE with any suggestions, stories, information, or miracle cure please post. THANKS
    Attached Images Attached Images  

trans mounts?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I FOUND IT!!!

For everyones knowledge if you have a rumble like I described check the fan. Even a 1/2" corner off one fan blade is enough to set it rumbling, I had three fan blades missing. The shitty part is that eveytime I stopped the engine an looked at it the broken blades faced down so i couldn't see them then I got lucky poking around and bingo. Thanks for your input to those who posted.

Default Thats kind of weird Grease, most of the 3,5 and 7's that i work on with

broken fan blades are usually pretty obvious.... (Usually mid 80s 3s for whatever reason) and the broken blades make the heavy side with the good blades rotate to the bottom when you shut it off... so the gap is usually staring right at you on top... If your's moved enough to break off blades i'd look for other damage as well such as engine and transmission mounts...

obvious, I wish... I also had a bad fan clutch and belt tensioner, I would have thought the the broken blades would have rotated up but no not even when spinning it by hand weird. Also I wasn't expecting the fan to give me the rumble I had, it seemed just to violent..

ALL FIXED, minus my lights, grill insert, and light trim, she smooth as glass again yes.