GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: battery suggestions anyone??

Default battery suggestions anyone??

my battery is getting old and need to replace after a couple days of car sitting have to jump it! so suggestions on battery brand would be appreciated!!
    Daniel
    chefdanny121@yahoo.com
    92' 525i

Default The best battery value out there bar none is the

autozone duralast 7 year battery..2 years straight replacement no prorate.
    I think its still 59.99

Quote Originally Posted by chefdanny121
    my battery is getting old and need to replace after a couple days of car sitting have to jump it! so suggestions on battery brand would be appreciated!!

FWIW on the other side of the world i got a hella battery.seemed good value for money,and besides they had a promotion where you could get a 15 to 50 percent discount!
    Gone but not forgotten

They charged me about $70 plus a small ($8?) core charge when I bought mine last month. Still a good deal compared to OEM, and it goes in perfectly/comes with the vent adapter and terminal felts. I would be surprised if AutoZone engaged in price discrimination, but who knows...

Default I just looked at its still 59.99 for the 7 year group 49d battery and they

charge you extra for the terminal felts. .99 each

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    They charged me about $70 plus a small ($8?) core charge when I bought mine last month. Still a good deal compared to OEM, and it goes in perfectly/comes with the vent adapter and terminal felts. I would be surprised if AutoZone engaged in price discrimination, but who knows...

That's . I'm calling those turds up and complaining.

Default whats the deal with terminal felts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    charge you extra for the terminal felts. .99 each
    My alternator makes a whining charging sound constantly at idle and a new battery sounds like a viable option. Do the vent hoses come with the battery or what?

Doyou have a link to the autozone battery thing?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Yeah, Jeff, they throw those useless little felts on all the batteries on the

Shelf and if you don't tell them that you don't want them they get rung up with the sale...Just go to www.autozone.com and click on shopping then click on the electrical and the battery won't come up so then you'll see an alphabetical index , click on B and battery will be near the bottom of the first page... You'll have to enter your zip code to see the price...there is a core charge thats why you take your old one with you...And if you know someone with a commercial account they can get the Bosch battery for 10 bucks less 49.99 which is the same battery relabeled... with a shorter warranty. 18 month straight replacement , 6year warranty.

Oh yeah, the vent kit comes with the battery, or its supposed to anyway.. if you dont get it tell them you want one, they are usually stuck to the side of the battery in a plastic bag..

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    My alternator makes a whining charging sound constantly at idle and a new battery sounds like a viable option. Do the vent hoses come with the battery or what?

Doyou have a link to the autozone battery thing?
    Last edited by Bill R.; 01-25-2005 at 08:48 AM.

must matter on location I guess, going to pick one up after work today.
    Thanks Bill!

DURALAST-7YR 49-DL7 YR$8.00 $64.99
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Jeff, just print this image, when i click on your link and search for the battery

this is what comes up for me.... I would just print it out and take it with me..
    It even shows the dallas location with that price

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast